Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Finales

I get a little choked up this time a year when all the shows are coming to a close. I don't catch too many of them throughout the year with the exception of Grey's Anatomy and 24 which I am religious about. But when it comes time for the shows to end, I feel compelled to watch them and see how they conclude. The toughest for me are the Series Finales even if I haven't watched the show for years. That 70's Show, 7th Heaven, The West Wing, Commander in Chief, and Will and Grace are all closing their doors for good.

More than the final episodes, I like seeing the cast take their final bows. It makes me see them as people and realize how most of them have become a family after working with each other day in and day out for so many years. These actors are then out of a job and looking for work. Will they go into movies? Perhaps another TV show. If they can't let go, they will try and come up with a sequel to the show that just closed. Closing the doors to comfortability and opening them up to new possiblities. One door closes while a new one opens. And such is the circle of life. Ahhhh, you learn so much from TV.

4 Comments:

Blogger reformed's spouse said...

Perhaps you need a day job.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

well you've been busy, I can't wait for the Lost finale!

1:38 PM  
Blogger swiftthinker said...

Perhaps RS, you should stick to one blogger name and keep a better list of passwords.

2:38 PM  
Blogger reformed's spouse said...

I am what you call a schitzo. SO BE WARE

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home