Wednesday, May 03, 2006

How I'd love to dance with my father again




The lyrics flow in my head constantly even though I am not able to listen to music....

Back when I was a child,
before life removed all the innocence

My father would lift me high
and dance with my mother and me and then

Spin me around 'til I fell asleep
Then up the stairs he would carry me
And I knew for sure I was loved

If I could get another chance,
another walk,
another dance with him
I'd play a song that would never, ever end
How I'd love, love, love
To dance with my father again

If I could steal one final glance,
one final step,
one final dance with him
I'd play a song that would never, ever end
'Cause I'd love, love, love
To dance with my father again

Sometimes I'd listen outside her door
And I'd hear how my mother cried for him
I pray for her even more than me
I pray for her even more than me

I know I'm praying for much too much
But could you send back the only man she loved
I know you don't do it usually
But dear Lord she's dying
To dance with my father again

7 Comments:

Blogger HumanBeforeJewish said...

hauntingly beautiful. they must have had a great marriage and built a meaningful life together.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Lakewood Venter said...

I love that song! Sad that Luther is no longer in the singing business.

8:42 PM  
Blogger FrumGirl said...

How lucky to have such wonderful memories! This brought tears to my eyes.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

very nice, childhood memories ca be so beautiful.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Just Passing Through said...

Beautiful.

This was the first pic I saw of you Dad and I'm sure everyone tells you that you can totally see him in you.

12:07 PM  
Blogger GOVI said...

my first thought was - i think you need to see a grief therapist.

my second thought is - this is a great way for you to express your grief (and less costly).

As usual, great post but extremely sad. I hope someone will miss me like you miss your father. it is nice to see that your parents had such a great marriage, unfortunately, that is not too common anymore.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Gilly said...

You brought tears to my eyes.

Looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home